Good morning everyone,
Why not celebrating the weekend with some homemade Applecake?
This recipe is really low in Calories & high in good foods which can be eaten at any time without limiting yourself. It is also good as Breakfast substitute if you are feeling like cake in the morning 🙂
It is without Eggs, Butter, Oil, Sugar & basically anything nasty 🙂
I love to eat this with Banana Icecream or Vanilla sauce when it is still warm or after i reheated a piece!!
150g Whole wheat Flour
1-2 Carrots (optional)
45g Oat/Wheat bran (just take more flour if you don’t have any)
20g Chia Seeds
1 Tbsp baking powder, tiny bit of Baking Soda
Lots of Cinnamon
Sweetener of Choice ex. Smacktastic Vanilla Cream*/ Cinnamon & Sugar* / Custard Almond or Erythrit, Stevia etc. 🙂
- *feel free to add more dried fruit if you like 🙂 or mix in some ground almonds or walnuts if you want it a bit more dense.
- you can get this flavour powder here, they are really delicious & make everything healthy into super satisfying dishes!! i also love to use it in my Oatmeal or Pancakes
- Mix the Chia seeds with around 1/2 cup of water and let it sit in the fridge for around 10 min.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees
- Chop your apples into small chunks, peel & grate your Carrots, Chop Your dates into small Pieces & mix everything together, add your Cinnamon & Some sort of Sweetener if desired 🙂
- Mix your flour with the Wheat Bran, the baking powder & soda 🙂
- Now add your soaked Chiaseeds to your Fruit mixture & mix it all up
- Add the Flour mixture to the Fruit mixture & mix everything well
- Put everything in a Silicon form & bake on 180 degrees for around 30 min. 🙂
- Really good but totally optional is to sprinkle around 1 Tbsp of Sugar above your cake before baking, this gives it a really nice caramelized top 🙂
- Take it out, let it cool for some minutes & enjoy with some Banana Whip or Vanilla Sauce 🙂 Vanilla Icecream would also be really delicious!
As always i would really like to know what you think about this recipe 🙂
Have a great weekend & lots of fun recreating it,