Hello friends and happy monday 🙂
I wish you a wonderful start to the new week.
I made some seriously good VEGAN BURGER this weekend with my boyfriend, quiet to good to be true that the ingredients are SO HEALTHY & SIMPLE.
Don’t be afraid of the Beets!!!! My boyfriend does not like Beets at all and he thought this were the BEST VEGGIE BURGERS we’ve ever made! :))
I always love recipes that use minimal ingredients & can be changed up a little depending what you have in the cupboard or in your fridge. If you also always wanted to have a veggie burger recipe like this, HERE YOU GO…
INGREDIENTS: 4-6 Patties; 2 hungry people 😛
1 can Kidney Beans* (around 250g) cooked
1 large Beet don’t be afraid if you don’t like beets so much; you won’t taste them intensively)
1 Red Onion
Condiments: 1 Tsp- TBSP Mustard (depending on your preference), 1 TBSP BBQ sauce**, some sprinkles Soy Sauce/ Maggi**, 1 Tsp Ketchup**
Spices: Sweet Paprika, Garlic, Onion, Mexikan spice, Black pepper, Salt etc.
*I’m sure you can use Black beans as well if you don’t have Kidney Beans at hand;
**Use whatever Condiments you like & have! we did not have the BBQ sauce this time and just left it out & it was Yummy 🙂
- Chop your onion in really really small pieces
- Rinse your Beans and wash with water
- Mash your beans with a fork or food processor
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees
- Peel & grate your beets, place them in a pan and heat until excess liquid is gone (no oil needed)
- Add your beets to the Beans, add the oats & mix well, add your spices & condiments as desired, I use heaps of sweet paprika and a little less of the onion & garlic
- Add your chopped Onion & mix again
- Form 6 equal sized patties & place on baking paper, if you feel like they don’t stick together enough add 1-2 TBSP of flour to the mixture
- Put your patties in the oven & bake for 15- 20 min. (depending on your oven & how crisp you like them) Flip them after 10 min.
Enjoy with Ketchup, Lettuce more onion, pickles, mustard, BBQ sauce etc. 🙂
I served them on Whole wheat Buns that i bought in the supermarket.
My Pumpkin fries ( https://francaslife.wordpress.com/2018/11/04/garlicky-pumpkin-fries/) would perfectly go with this or some usual fries (https://francaslife.wordpress.com/2017/12/18/potato-fries/) for sure 🙂
Have fun with this recipe & let me know what kind of recipe you want to see next time 🙂 ❤